Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Does anyone have news of Ike?

Hello friends and family.  We are in Tonga with no phone access to home.  The hurricane hit my former hometown where my daughter, grandson, Mom and Dad, brother and many friends live.  Jennifer's home and salon were just off a canal at Nasa Rd 1, and although she fled to Katy, TX to sit out the storm I don't know if she and Trace are OK.  We can only assume she has lost everything, but are hopeful that we are wrong.  I have no way to get news from or to any of my family.  We borrowed a Sat phone from friends to try to call Jen and my parents but apparently the phones are all out, including cell service because we were not successful reaching anyone.  I then tried to call my sister in Dallas and my brother in VA but can't reach anyone!  I have sent emails to everyone in my family asking for information but haven't heard from any of them.  I am sick with dread.  Please pray for our family, friends and for everyone back in Texas and Louisiana.
 
If anyone out there knows anything - please send us an email.  We are completely in the dark!

www.frankandbarbgladney.com
while at sea: kd0cff@winlink.org (note:the sender must include the character sequence "//WL2K" in the subject line of the message.)
Skype ID: frank.barb.gladney

No comments: